There are certain times when even a Lazy Lady has to do it right. Moments when no matter how much you wish you could, you can’t cut corners. Such moments come in the form of; the In-Laws coming for dinner, a party being hosted in your house, or a holiday celebration for the entire family (including ‘holier-than-thou’ Aunt Anna the bitch with the perfect house, perfect kids and perfect life…) It is at these moments that you will learn the most valuable of lessons that any lazy lady can ever learn, lessons on such things as efficiency, effectiveness, and all-round effort. It is during these trying time that all the tips and tricks provided in this section will suddenly make sense to you…
For now there are a few basics that every Lazy Lady needs to learn before she even attempts to lift a finger. So settle in, get yourself a drink, and get ready to get educated… Oh, and don’t worry true to the lazy ladies lifestyle, I promise this won’t be difficult!
Big Moment Basics Every Lazy Lady Should Know:
- Like the All-In-One Hammer/Screwdriver/Level you got your husband for his Birthday, the first tip in time-saving cleaning secrets is the all-in-one cleaner. Why carry around 4 different bottles that do 4 different things when you can carry just 1? Search out the best all-in-one brands and stock-up.
- Most of our cleaning time is wasted just looking for supplies, so to save time an effort keep your cleaning products close at hand and ready to use by stocking them in an easy to carry caddy. This way when it is time to clean you have everything you need all in one place.
- Don’t strain yourself scrubbing. Many products work better when left to sit, but many of us don’t give our cleaners the time to do their job. Spray down the shower during a commercial break and simply wipe it clean during the next. Allowing the solution to sit will greatly reduce scrubbing time on your part and actually get the job done more quickly and with better results.
- Forget the feather duster. Feather dusters went out with flash dance, if you want to save time on dusting use a damp rag, or even a baby wipe. You may opt for the Swiffer Duster as well, which works fine, but a damp cloth will get the job done at a fraction of the price and just as well. If you have little knickknacks around your house that require regular dusting, consider popping them in the dishwasher instead, it’s a great way to get rid of all the dust without the added effort.
- Listen to your mama. Mother probably told you more than once to start at the top and work your way down, this is one piece of advice you want to take. Do your dusting and wiping before you clean your floors or you are going to have to do it over, and for a lazy lady, doing it twice is not an option!
- All Hail the Hoover! Sweeping is a waste of time as far as I am concerned. All sweeping does is send dust spinning around the room. No matter how many times I sweep the floor there is always dirt and hair left when I go to mop, instead of feeling frustrated, let your hoover do the dirty work and vacuum up any crumbs, dust and hair. Having a good vacuum can make a huge difference on the amount of effort you spend cleaning your house. Trust me, if your going to invest in anything get yourself a good sucker with a long cord.
- Lastly, Save the kitchen until the end. Cleaning your kitchen at the beginning of a clean sweep is a sure-fire way to waste your time. Kitchens are the hardest room to clean and they require the most attention. Saving your kitchen until last also helps prevent endless dishes from piling up as you straighten other rooms in the house. Get the easy stuff done before tackling the “big kahuna.”
These are the basics, the golden rules that every lazy lady should keep in mind during big time clean-ups. Soon to come are tips and tricks for cleaning it quick and keeping it that way… So stay tuned!
Until Next Time,
Shove it in the closet!
Probably Un-Related Articles
- The Lazy Ladies Guide to Cleaning House (dilemmasoftheundomesticated.wordpress.com)
- How-To: Spring Clean Your Bedroom (casasugar.com)
- How-To: Spring Clean Your Entryway (casasugar.com)
- How-To: Spring Clean Your Living Room (casasugar.com)
- Casa Quickie: Ditch the Feather Duster? (casasugar.com)
- Are you a domestic slut? (kerrycooks.wordpress.com)
- cleaning (averymonkey.wordpress.com)